[Elphel-support] Is PSU board required when using PoE

Richard Rigby rrigby at redzone.com
Mon Nov 5 10:12:11 PST 2018

Hi Oleg,

I have been sent some 393 camera parts from my colleagues in Pittsburgh,
however there seems to be some parts missing.

I have the System Board (10393) as shown in the attached photo, however the
Power Board (10385) is missing as well as the Aluminium enclosure.

[image: 393 Camera.jpg]

Is it possible to run the camera at all without the Power Board or is this
required even when using PoE?

Also, is the Aluminium enclosure required as a heatsink or is the main
Aluminium chassis enough of a heatsink?

Kind regards,

*Richard Rigby*
Software Developer

www.redzone.com

 Ph: +64 9 479 9901

Fax: +64 9 479 9904

13 Tarndale Grove • Albany • Auckland 0632 • New Zealand