[Elphel-support] Setting width and height

Elphel Support support-list at support.elphel.com
Mon Mar 12 18:17:20 PDT 2018

Richard,

Images are compressed as 16x16 macroblocks, and while it was possible to make any even (for Bayer mosaic) number for width/height by padding to integer number of macroblocks that would not increase the frame rate. So I decided not to support fractional macroblocks to simplify the code and remind of the efficient (N*16) image size. For multi-megapixel sensors it does not limit flexibility much.

Andrey

---- On Mon, 12 Mar 2018 17:57:37 -0700 Richard Rigby<rrigby at redzone.com> wrote ----

Hi there,

I'm trying to set the camera width and height, however I'm not able to get the exact values that I set.

For example when I set:
width = 800
height = 600

The values applied are:
width = 800
height = 592

when I set:
width = 2016
height = 1528

the values applied are:
width = 2016
height = 1520

Why is it that I'm not able to get the exact same values that I set and is there any way to get that to happen?

Many thanks.
Richard Rigby
Software Developer

www.redzone.com

 Ph: +64 9 479 9901
Fax: +64 9 479 9904

13 Tarndale Grove • Albany • Auckland 0632 • New Zealand