[Elphel-support] auto exposure on multi sensor setup & binning question.

Jorick Astrego jorick at theidiotcompany.eu
Wed May 31 08:16:36 PDT 2017

Hi,

Currently we are testing a panoramic NC393 camera and are having
problems with the auto exposure on multiple image sensors.

When there is half shadow, half bright light in the collective images.
The image is dark on the shadow part. Does autoexposure apply globally
or should every sensor apply it's own autoexposure settings?

What would be a way to get a more balanced exposure?

Second question, is binning supported and do we have to do any aditional
steps for this? We'd like to reduce the resolution while still using the
whole sensor. When I set it to 1/2 Horizontally and 1/2 Vertically, the
output gets corrupted.

Also we have a problem in the Camogm recording application, we use fast
recording (without partition).

When I press record, I get a warning about a buffer underrun. If click
away the message, recording starts and the buffers stay full.

When I forget to OK the warning, the elphel becomes unresponsive on the
http interface after a while and it looks if the recording task hangs.

A reboot doesn't work as it never reboots, we had to power off the
camera to get it going again. After reboot the recording is lost from
what I see.

 	Met vriendelijke groet,
With kind regards,

Jorick Astrego