[Elphel-support] Question on the 323-2 cameras

Mitch Davister mdavister at verizon.net
Sat Jul 30 11:36:36 PDT 2016

I have an Elphel 323-2 camera that I want to use for the large sensor size in a long exposure application (astronomy).  The issue of maximum exposure was addressed (but I haven’t had time to try it out yet).  I did have some other questions about utilizing the camera.  First the web interface is limited, is there a tutorial or other software to command the camera to automate some aspects of the image capture?  For instance “Take x number of exposures and download the files to this directory”?  I am comfortable in programming with Visual Basic, C, and VHDL, so writing a custom app is an option, just need a little direction as how to get the data/commands to and from the camera.  I would also like to know how to get the raw 14 bit data from the camera instead of just the 8 bit raw information, is it possible?

Another question is: I noticed that Elphel has a newer camera that utilizes the same KAI-11002 sensor, is that camera available as a kit without the sensor?

Mitch Davister