[Elphel-support] writing time to a CF card on a Elphel board

Harry Kim hkim at redzone.com
Wed Mar 11 10:17:57 PDT 2015

Hello,

On an Elphel board, I ran a simple program
to measure the time to write data with its size 200K to a CF card (SanDisk
Ultra at 30MB/sec).  Other than the built-in processes on the board, there
are no other processes running.

With this program, I kept writing 200K data into an open file 10,000 times
to collect the writing time.

Usually it takes about 20 msec each time. But although it is rare, it takes
more than a few seconds.     This is more than 100 times slower than the
normal time.

Is this normal?

I can provide the program if anyone is interested.

--
Best regards,

Harry Kim
Senior Embedded Software Engineer
RedZone Robotics Inc.
91 43rd Street, Suite 250
Pittsburgh, PA 15201

office 412-927-3456 or 412-476-8980 x214   cell 412-897-0066
hkim at redzone.com
www.redzone.com