[Elphel-support] How can I add missing system commands to the Elphel target?

Harry Kim hkim at redzone.com
Wed Mar 4 11:49:14 PST 2015

Hello,

1. I am trying to give an application a highest priority.
To do that, I need to use /usr/bin/nice on a typical linux machine.
For example, nice -n -20 application_name

Is there a way I can add this command to the Elphel target?

2. Also is there a way to increase the max size of messages in /var/log?
It seems that its max size is about 40K bytes.  I need to log more stuffs
in the messages.

I found that I could use /usr/sbin/logrotate to increase the size.
Once again, how can I add this command to the target?

--
Best regards,

Harry Kim
Senior Embedded Software Engineer
RedZone Robotics Inc.
91 43rd Street, Suite 250
Pittsburgh, PA 15201

office 412-927-3456 or 412-476-8980 x214   cell 412-897-0066
hkim at redzone.com
www.redzone.com