[Elphel-support] Elphel NC323-2

Mitch Davister mdavister at verizon.net
Sat Jul 11 17:27:22 PDT 2015

So with the camera being programmable, and the source being available, as being new to this device how does one go about changing the code?  I’m familiar with programming and understand most of what’s going on in the code, but am looking at what additional software, hardware is required to compile and download new code to the camera.  The specifics I’d like to change are to either change the signal width for the exposure timer from 16 bits (4 command bits and 12 timer value bits) to 32 bits (same 4 command and 28 timer value bits).  In doing so, I’m sure the controller code and HTML script may need to be changed as well.

Normal (for me) code changes on the FPGA require download to the EEPROM/Flash through the JTAG port.  Code changes to the controller would be through an ISP or JTAG connector.  Are both of these devices’ code changes all handled through the Ethernet interface?

Mitch