[Elphel-support] Custom Cam and Lens

support-list support-list at support.elphel.com
Fri Oct 24 12:56:33 PDT 2014

Hello Olivier,

We are not really in the lens testing business, as we developed the testing procedure for our cameras and the setup has some limitations, mostly that the total FOV is limited to about 45x60 degrees, or about f=4.5mm for 1/2.5" sensor (proportionally lower focal length for lenses designed 1/3" or 1/4"). So we can try to measure your lens, but only up to this angle (~30 degrees from the axis).

The FOV limitation is caused that the same hardware is used both for testing and sensor front end adjustment (and gluing after), and mechanically it was easier to have optical axis vertical , so the lens is pointed down and there is a 45 degree mirror to view the target pattern.

If you have several lenses of the same type we can measure a few of them - individual samples may vary significantly from each other. We will not charge you for the testing, but we will publish the test results for others to use.

And yes, there my be some overlap it what we are developing, so please do not hesitate to ask us.

Andrey

---- On Fri, 24 Oct 2014 11:55:53 -0700 Olivier Biron<olivier at felixandpaul.com> wrote ----

Hi i am looking for sensor and lens knowledge and possible solution for my problem.
Here it is, right now i have a camera design that use a M12 2.1mm FocusSafe lens.
I also have in my hand over 20 wide angle m12 lens that might be suitable for my need.
>From what i see on your web site it look like you are into the lens testing market.
Would it be possible for you to test our lenses ?

I also have another subject that i would like to look with you.
We are developing our own camera for 3d 360  1080 60p
it look like some of your research are looking in the same direction.
Maybe there is opportunity for us to work together.

 Olivier Biron
Technical Director
www.felixandpaul.com