[Elphel-support] GPIO on NC353L-369-GEO

support-list support-list at support.elphel.com
Thu Oct 23 21:08:16 PDT 2014

Hi Thierry,

Did you open the circuit diagram ( link from the http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=10369 page )?
there are some of the GPIO signals available on 10-pin flex cable connectors J8-J11. ext0, ext1 are common and used for I2C, ext6 and ext 7 are shared on J8 (J8  is normally used for the back panel USB connector, but these signals are not connected there) and J11 (so you can have access to unused ext6, ext7 there), J9 has ext0,1 (i2c) and dedicated ext2, ext3 and J10 has ext0,1 and ext4,5. So J9 and J10 have full set of signals - powers, usb, i2c and 2 dedicated GPIO - one of these connectors is needed for the GPS board (103696), so if you just need a pair of GPIOs (no USB) I would suggest J11 with ext6, ext7.

Connectors J9-J10 are visible on http://wiki.elphel.com/images/a/a7/10369_top.jpeg, the J8 (used for external USB connector) is on the other side (it is between the 10369 and 10353 boards) - http://wiki.elphel.com/images/e/ec/10369_bottom.jpeg

If you do not use external sync you may also use ext8 and ext10 for input over the optocouplers, applying >=3V to the connector pins.

Andrey

---- On Thu, 23 Oct 2014 13:31:51 -0700 <thpayet at rdtronic.com> wrote ----

Hello to all,
I want to buy a NC353L-369-GEO camera but I'd like to use some GPIOs
(2 or 3) as inputs so I'll be able to tag these inputs state in the
pictures header.
My questions are :
Where are the GPIO pins available and on which kind of header ?
How can I configure them as inputs and is there any piece of software
to get their state so I could tag the pictures ?

Regards
Thierry Payet