[Elphel-support] questions

Alexandre Poltorak a.poltorak at foxel.ch
Mon Apr 28 01:39:10 PDT 2014

Hi,

The only relationship between exposure time and frame-rate is that the last one can be limited by the exposure time. In triggered mode you have to carefully set the exposure time (or limit on maximal exposure time in autoexp), in free-running mode exposure automatically limit the framerate. (again you can set a maximal exposure time)

So maximal exposure time and resolution to get 25 FPS should be 40ms and 1920x1088.

I tried many different cameras and Elphel NC353L perform not so badly in dark environments.
You can increase exposure to 40ms.
Check that your diaphragm is fully open.

But if you really want to use the camera in low light solution, I suggest using a monochrome sensor, removing the IR-cut filter and using IR compatible lens.

Best regards,
Alexandre Poltorak
CTO

Office: +41 22 341 3300