[Elphel-support] stereo camera with BW CCD

drouan daniel.rouan at obspm.fr
Tue Sep 3 08:24:03 PDT 2013

Dear Andrey and Oleg,

After a lot of testing I'll try to be more specific. I'm not sure that the problem comes from
the de-Bayer process. Probably no.

My goal is to acquire (through the disk recorder for instance) simultaneous images
of the two Black and White 2592x1944 Aptina  sensors of the stereo configuration.

I'm looking for the fastest frame rate, in first instance without binning or decimation, but
for reduced format (WOI typically 608 x 608 could be fine).

I tried many combination of the WOI width and height and found that any multiple
value of 16 for the height  is valid as well as any value of the MULTI_TOP1 and
MULTI_TOP2 parameters (changed through the parameters editor, page multisensors) : this is
good since it means that I can choose any vertical position and size for the windows on
each sensor.

Now, concerning the width, things are somewhat different : I can reduce down to 2560 the WOI width, but
not below, otherwise the image becomes scrambled. In that case there is no gain in frame rate
which sticks to the 5.292 fps canonical value whatever the heights of the windows is.   I'm more looking
for 40-60 fps.

By the way, any attempt to use the standard formats (1024x768, 800x600, etc.) through camvc camera control
leads to the same scrambled images.

I checked that the scrambling was actual on the images saved with disk recorder.

So my question : is there a way to overcome this problem and have two rather small WOI, one on
each sensor, with a correct final image ?

regards,

  Daniel