[Elphel-support] Motorized zoom lens

Michael Bedford mbedford at aps-technology.com
Wed Jul 3 11:08:49 PDT 2013

Andrey,

Thank you for the response!  I understand your point about the zoom lenses.

Interesting idea on using several sensors and switching between them.  For
the record, I do not like to use the 5MPix sensor as it is overkill for our
application and I need as much low light sensitivity as possible.
Therefore, I prefer the same family of sensor but in 3MPix.  Do the same
statements regarding Iris and Focus apply to the 3MPix sensor?  I know that
the pixel size is a little bigger but maybe not enough to where your
comments will still apply?

How fast can you switch between sensors?  If we want to stream at 10fps and
want to switch, will we lose any frames during the switch?

Thanks!

PLEASE NOTE OUR NEW PHONE NUMBERS BELOW.

Mike Bedford
Product Manager
APS Technology
a member of the ABB Group