[Elphel-support] How to calibrate other cameras

Amir Ahmad Shishegar shishegar.amir at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 13:47:07 PST 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

First thanks for developing and maintaining the Elphel project.
As a brief description I am father of a boy who has killed by a murderer
some months ago, police has found some video evidence of the murderer but
the face of murderer is not focused and suffer from optical and motion blur.
The camera who has captured the scene is some low quality Chinese camera
who has not any brand.
I searched the internet and studied many articles on how to restore
out-of-focus or motion blurred images with non-blind deconvolution or
psf measurement but found your project more comprehensive and with
practical tools.
Now I am to use the tools you have developed for Eyesis post-processing to
calibrate and psf measurement of camera who has captured the scene.
But I have not found any document on what are the differences is in
workflow for using it for other camera instead of Eyesis.
As this is the only way remained to find my child murderer, so I appreciate
you very much if you help me how to use your post-processing tools to
measure the psf of a scene which has occurred at a fixed distance of camera
and then restore the images.

Regards,
Amir Ahmad Shishegar,
Dubai,UAE,