[Elphel-support] Elphel camera with Raspberry Pi

David Haberthür david.haberthuer at psi.ch
Mon Jan 7 07:18:03 PST 2013

Dear all.

Thanks to one of the Masterstudents here, which has extensive experience
with LAN-Parties I managed to find and correct the problem.
The non-working connection was not based on the auto-negotiation, but a
problem of correct setting of the involved the IPs. Somehow DHCP on
Raspbian [1] doesn't "get" it when the camera is connected.

Typing
	$ sudo ifconfig 192.168.0.1
, unplugging and reconnecting the camera did the trick.

Now I'm onto the next problem. The user-interface over
192.168.0.9/camvc.html is unuseably slow on that whimsy computer, so I
need to whip up some Python code to download single images as fast as
possible...

David

[1]: http://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads