[Elphel-support] Elphel NC353L No HDD found

support-list support-list at support.elphel.com
Mon Aug 5 13:53:01 PDT 2013

Patric,

The only way how SATA can be disabled is if you have internal HDD or CF cards. internal CF is always IDE master, CF cards master/slave depends on the physical position and SATA can be set to either master or slave - see http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=10369#Example_-_setting_SATA_to_be_IDE_slave_.28needed_if_bottom_CF_card_or_internal_HDD_is_installed.29

If you have both CF inserted, it is not always possible to disable one of them to be able to connect SATA. Some CF cards ignore IDE reset signal and so they can not be disabled.

In the earlier versions of the firmware you had to reboot the camera (w/o power cycling) if you need to change the I2C control port bits. Current firmware initializes IDE driver in two steps, the second step is performed (with the modprobe command) in the very end of the startup process, so the required i2c configuration of the IDE devices can be performed before that.

Andrey