[Elphel-support] Elphel camera with Raspberry Pi

David Haberthür david.haberthuer at psi.ch
Mon Oct 29 10:03:49 PDT 2012

Dear All.
I intend to run an Elphel NC353L [1] on a Raspberry Pi [2], but run into
troubles with the connection. Whenever I connect the camera via
Ethernet, the yellow LED starts to blink, but I cannot connect to the
camera with the Browser. Whenever I ping the camera on 192.168.0.9, the
green LED periodically blinks, but the terminal of the Raspberry Pi
complains that the "host is unreachable".
Whenever I plug the Ethernet cable into my Macbook Pro I get a
connection without troubles. Do I need to configure the Ethernet port on
Debian to talk to the camera while I don't need to do that on OS X?
Whenever I connect a LAN cable I can access the web on the Raspberry Pi,
just not the camera...
I would be grateful for some help,
David

[1]: Currently on loan by the "Swiss office" of Elphel, Alexandre Poltorak.
[2]: http://www.raspberrypi.org/

--
Dr. David Haberthür
Swiss Light Source