[Elphel-support] binning modes, sum and average, how to change them?

Biel Bestué de Luna 7318.tk at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 03:40:55 PDT 2012

cool, now I see the effect, now let me make a  couple of questions,

 1 - why the effect varies in the 1/4th decrement and the 1/8th decrement?
      in 1/1th (no binning) there's no light increment (that's logical)
      in 1/2th and 1/3th there is one light increment (ok)
      in 1/4th there is a super light increment (why?)
      between 1/5th and  1/7th there is only one increment (ok)
      in 1/8th there is again a super light increment (why?)

 2 - this lights increment happen before any "gain" is applied to the
sensor signal isn't it?
      this means that this light increment doesn't add noise to the image
isn't it?

EXPOS shouldn't change with pixel-binning (by summing) I guess I could try
to match the light increment to an second EXPOS value while using only
pixel-binning (by averaging), by trying to match both a shot of the first
case, and a shot of the second case, and see the difference in exposure
time.

I'll try to find it later at night when I can control the light
environment...