[Elphel-support] Fwd: NC353L net boot procedure

support-list support-list at support.elphel.com
Mon Oct 8 00:12:44 PDT 2012

Hi Khashayar,

There were many changes from the 333 to the current 353 code, most changes happened after migrating from 7.x to 8.x versions, these differences are more than just changing parameters/names. Brief discussion is in the LinuxDevices article - http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/Linux-For-Devices-Articles/Elphel-camera-under-the-hood-from-Verilog-to-PHP/ , most changes are erlated to pipeline operation of the camera, so there are no more "current" parameters (as was in 333 and 353 firmware 7.x) - different version of the same parameter maybe simultaneously active for different stages of the camera hardware. The camera control is separate from image acquisition and there is a special image server (on port 8081) that is used instead of the general purpose web server.

Can you describe your appluication in more details - what is it doing, so we can suggest how to make it work with the 353 camera.

Andrey

---- On Sun, 07 Oct 2012 22:22:23 -0700 Khashayar Azad<khashayar at azad.cc> wrote ----

Hi Andrey,

There're two device files in the 333 camera that are not in the 353 camera which my apps need to run...
/dev/ccam_dma.raw
/dev/hist

Is there an equivalent to these ones in the 353 camera?

Also there are various stuff, see below, from the 333 camera that were not in the 353 camera which is needed to compile my apps. Are any of these referring to the camera hardware? If yes where have they gone?

#define P_LPR            6 /* RD P_RO_LPR    3  32-bit words per row (aligned each row)  */
#define P_IMAGE_SIZE     7 /* RD P_RO_SIZE   4  total image size (dma data) in bytes     */
 #define P_GAMMA         60 // 100*gamma  (for now - just a hint table could be more complex. Use higher bytes for colors in 333)
#define P_PIXEL_LOW     61 //  (just a hint for gamma table) "fat zero" (on 8-bit scale)
 #define P_PIXEL_HIGH    62 //  (just a hint for gamma table) highest pixel value (before table) on a 256-scale
#define P_VIDEO         22 /* still (stopped) - 0, video - 1. KAC1310 - video only */
 #define P_AUXCM         23 /* signal on AUXCLK pin: 0 - 0, 1 - 1, 1x - 20MHz */
#define P_MCLK          38 /* 2..129 */
#define P_SPEC_KAC_GGA  51 // KAC-1310 Global gain A , 6 bits, (14)
#define P_SPEC_KAC_GGB  52 // KAC-1310 Global gain B , 6 bits, (14)
 #define P_SPEC_KAC_GGM  53 // KAC-1310 Global gain mode, 3 bits, 0
#define P_FP100S        55 // Frames per 100 sec (fps * 100)
#define P_DONTCARE      63 // write anything - just to force update
 #define P_UPDATE         0          /* R/W, see above */

Be Tireless

Khashayar

T: +61 2 8006 9884
 F: +61 2 8103 2029