[Elphel-support] INFORMATION CONCERNING NC353L-369-IMU-GPS

Daniell Foreman daniell.4man at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 03:33:35 PDT 2012

Hello,
I have had a first contact with Olga Filippova.
We are interested in purchasing a camera to assist us for aerial surveying
by helicopter of powerline corridors.
We fly at approximetly  75 Km/h and the distance from the wires varies from
10 to 30 meters.
We want to fix the camera to take pictures at a rate of around 7fps and
with high resolution  (if possible zoom to enable insulator identification
on pole)
The GPS IMU will enable us to geographicaly situate our image corridor.
The questions we have are;
What recording format to choose so as to be able to write files without
loosing  quality and maintaining reasonable file size?
 Do you propose or know of  some software that will enable us to go from
recording to viewing/editing? we want to keep this as simple as possible as
we will be recording many hours up to 6 hours per day.
What would be the best method for storage?
Can we control frame rate?
What lens do you recommend for this?

I would appreciate your views.
Sincerely