[Elphel-support] Synchronizing with an external flash

Andrey Filippov support-list at support.elphel.com
Tue Jul 24 09:38:15 PDT 2012

Hello Eric,
"TRIG_PERIOD = 1" means single trigger mode  (camera can not work at
96000000 fps - period is measured in pixel clock cycles, normally
96MHz), in this mode you may still trigger the camera with
http://192.168.0.9:8081/trig/pointers (assuming 192.168.0.9)

The camvc program freezes, because it used all the php instances (by
default - 3, that number can be increased at the expense of more
memory used), and the php scrips (as camvc.php) are waiting for the
camera to be triggered). You can unfreeze the camera over telnet with
"killall -9 lighttpd" - the web server will be automatically restarted
together with the php instances.
Port 8081 (in http://192.168.0.9:8081/trig/pointers) is used by
another server (imgsrv) that does not need php running.

Andrey