[Elphel-support] hotpixels and auto adjustments

flavio soares qazav3.0 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 03:04:28 PDT 2012

Hello everyone,

Today (now it's 7am here) I spent the early hours editing out first
mini short movie, that we recorded to test all the editing workflow
with RAW. It's a 2 1/2 minute very short story, really, with no
official lights nor official direct sound. But the recording was
highly productive, we are starting to dig deeper into the camera,
finally =)

So, two questions:

- After editing was done, I went to the RAWs to check on colour. This
is the first time I noticed there are two hotpixels in the sensor, one
red and the other is bluish. Is there a way of fixing it? I ask
because this has happened in my Pentax and I remember there was a
function somewhere and it solved for it. Does elphel has something
like this?

- The other is that, for the same scene, the external light coming
from a window changed between three shots. I tried but was unable to
get the colors equal between them, and I thought it would be better if
I kill the automated process when recording, so that I have this part
completelly manual. I am killing "autoexposure" when I start camogm
via command line. I wonder if it is coming back (being called by
another process from time to time) or if it is something else I'm
missing. Any guesses will be very welcome.

A ps.: the image from the camera and with the Super 8 lens I got, when
properly lit, is awesome! We are very excited here to the second test
session, that should happen in August.

thanks, and all the best,

flavio