[Elphel-support] problems with the HDD

Sebastian Pichelhofer sebastian.pichelhofer at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 05:04:01 PST 2012

HI Carlos

Good to see you are starting your hands-on with the camera ;)

ElphelVision is an Apertus product not an official Elphel one (I know
the name is especially confusing....we might have to rename it). So
the correct place to report bugs is:
http://bugs.apertus.org/thebuggenie/index.php

The md5s are written by the Apertus in-camera scripts after recording
finished (under normal conditions).

If the datarate is too high the circbuffer will immediately overflow
not writing anything to disk ( but the mov/jpeg header - which would
explain the few bytes you reported). This can be the case if JPEG
quality ratio is too high.

Since the camera returns to its default state after it has been
rebooted can you please test if everything works fine when you try
recording with a freshly booted camera with these settings applied in
camvc:
1920x1088
25fps
RGB color mode
80% jpeg quality

Why PHP and filezilla cannot see the files would need some further
investigation....

Regards Sebastian