[Elphel-support] change camera parameters through Telnet

support-list support-list at support.elphel.com
Thu Dec 13 17:42:39 PST 2012

Biel,

so it is not the Python script?

parsedit.php is a development tool - for quite a while it did not have GET mode, and by default it schedules the parameter modification to 3 frames in the future (you may use EXPOS=1000*0 to overwrite that, but the frame +0 will to be affected anyway - 2 frames will be lost in the sensor) - the longest delay it may take the sensor (different commands have different latency). Actually parsedit.php allows you to make multiple parameter changes at different frames and then open 9 last images with the parameter values below so you can troubleshoot latencies.
3 frames will take 12 ms, the rest may be the laptop opening and running wget.

Andrey

---- On Thu, 13 Dec 2012 17:10:06 -0800 Biel Bestué de Luna<7318.tk at gmail.com> wrote ----

ok,

about the wget:

I'm currently using a WAN router attached to the camera, I connect the camera to it via ethrnet, and I connect my laptop to the router via WiFi

then I setup the camera to triggered in order to have a fixed rate of 25 fps with the API I talked before

I open a real time stream with gstreamer at low latency in my laptop to see the real time reaction:

"gst-launch-0.10 rtspsrc location=rtsp://elphel:554 protocols=0x00000001 latency=40 ! rtpjpegdepay ! jpegdec ! queue ! xvimagesink"

then I open the terminal and write this:

"wget --delete-after 'http://elphel/parsedit.php?immediate&EXPOS=100&'"

(EXPOS at some strange value so I see the change easily)

I see the change 1 second after I touch intro