[Elphel-support] Recording fullHD JP4 being limited to 7 seconds

Andrey Filippov support-list at support.elphel.com
Thu Apr 26 08:23:23 PDT 2012

Flavio,

That you for the nice words. The link a gave you is posted to the public
mailing list, and it is hosted on the public server, so there is no secret
about it and you  may show it (all the content on the that server is
released under the GNU FDL 1.3). We just did not want to make much buzz
about it yet - these are our first images with the new series of the
cameras and there is a lot to be done yet, and there are many processing
parameters to tweak - i took them from the previous camera settings (i.e.
some de-mosaic artifacts are visible). But we definitely consider it a
proof that our concepts worked, the difference with the first Eyesis that
had the same sensors and same lenses (not to count the top fisheye) is
significant. We will publish more details later - so far we were very busy
as we had to make our first customers to wait extra 4 months - we had to
completely redesign and re-build the critical part of the cameras - the
sensor front end mechanics.

We are going to demonstrate the new camera together with the camera
calibration machine and the process of calibration at this year SIGGRAPH in
Los Angeles (https://www.google.com/search?q=siggraph+elphel) - the booth
number is different as we had to increase the size - could not fit in 3x3
meters.

Andrey