[Elphel-support] Front End Orientation

dzach dzach at topoi.gr
Fri Nov 25 09:57:43 PST 2011

Hi
I would like to use two of the 45deg elbow pieces in a camera design. I
was under the impression that the front ends can change from portrait
orientation to landscape and back. However, after looking at the STEP
files for the 10338 sensor (A and D revisions), I am not sure if this is
feasible since the front ends are not square and the mounting holes not
equal in the two dimensions.

To make sure I understand what is involved, I have the following
questions regarding orientation of the front ends:

1. Is it feasible to change _mechanically_ the front end orientation
from portrait to horizontal with the proposed 45deg setup and any of the
sensors?

2. Are there any differences in the electronics and/or programming
between 10338A and 10338D front ends?

3. If there are differences, do they influence the orientation of the
front ends and how?

I would be grateful if you could point me to some documentation
regarding this mater, in case I've missed it.

Thank you

Dimitrios