[Elphel-support] stereo image vertical 2 horizontal

Tom Sparks tom_a_sparks at yahoo.com.au
Tue May 31 02:37:10 PDT 2011

--- On Tue, 31/5/11, Andrey Filippov <support-list at support.elphel.com> wrote:
>Tom,

>I did not think of it as a "stereo" - there is too little overlap :-)

>No,
> that can not be done in the camera. That would require rather big
>modifications in the FPGA code. Camera reads and processes images in
>linescan order - 10359 board acquires the images simultaneously to the
>internal memory buffer and then sends them to the camera system board -
>one after another. Theoretically you can mix lines during the memory
>buffer readout, but I do not see why is it needed. and why can't youjust
> do it in  ImageMagick without modifying the FPGA code. And I would
>recommend you to use  raw JP4 format that you can restore with ImageJ
>plugin - that plugin reads additional Exif metadata (MakerNote) and uses
> it to un-apply conversion in the camera.

the viewer[1] currently only supports side-by-side (horizontal) images

I have talked to the development of the viewer and he said he could when I send a sample video :)

[1] http://www.ryubin.com/panolab/panoflash/exhibition_experiment_on_dual_fisheye_video_playmode.html

--
tom_a_sparks "It's a nerdy thing I like to do"
Please use ISO approved file formats excluding Office Open XML - http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html