[Elphel-support] stereo image vertical 2 horizontal

Andrey Filippov support-list at support.elphel.com
Mon May 30 23:04:31 PDT 2011

Tom,

I did not think of it as a "stereo" - there is too little overlap :-)

No, that can not be done in the camera. That would require rather big
modifications in the FPGA code. Camera reads and processes images in
linescan order - 10359 board acquires the images simultaneously to the
internal memory buffer and then sends them to the camera system board - one
after another. Theoretically you can mix lines during the memory buffer
readout, but I do not see why is it needed. and why can't youjust do it in
ImageMagick without modifying the FPGA code. And I would recommend you to
use  raw JP4 format that you can restore with ImageJ plugin - that plugin
reads additional Exif metadata (MakerNote) and uses it to un-apply
conversion in the camera.