[Elphel-support] RGB artifacts

Nathan Clark throwstone at gmail.com
Thu May 19 09:38:09 PDT 2011

Hi there,

My partner and I just received 2 elphel 353 cameras.
I am noticing alarming artifacts appearing from both of them
(one camera more so than the other)

It seems that scattered across the sensor- there are bright pixels- some Red, some Green, and some Blue. These artifacts are constant and unmoving- and become more obvious at lower resolutions. Is this a hardware fault for which I should be seeking replacement?

Before going that far, I thought I would consult with this list to see if anyone has any ideas. If this is an uncommon problem, i can take grabs off the sensor- or if this is a common problem- then you know what I'm talking about.

Kind regards,
Nathan