[Elphel-support] elphel NC353L-12V Kit defect

Viatcheslav Tretyakov viatcheslav.tretyakov at iais.fraunhofer.de
Mon May 9 04:03:57 PDT 2011

Hello Andrey,

we tested the camera the way you described. Here are the answers.

What camera is it? Does it have 10359 board? 10369 board? What software is  it running ?

It's the 10353. I tried this with the original software that was on
the camera, with the software compiled from the sources and also with
modified sources (both FPGA and MC).

a) changing the image in front of the camera - you can check it by putting a mirror in front of the camera lens and  rotating the mirror

I do not get this?! What should this do? Doesn't have any influence if the camera and the cable are fixed.

b) shaking the camera itself (i.e. bad contact in the internal flex cable)  - you can turn the network cable around and tape it to the camera, sowhen you move the camera, nothing changes to the network connection

The distortion appears.

c) bad contact in the network cable- attach camera firmly to the table and move the network cable

This is what we think that causes the problem. When messing around
with the network cable in the jack at some positions the image
distorts and after moving it again, the image gets distorted in other
ways, also getting a normal image is possible again.

d)  it actually happens not because of the movement, but because of theelectrostatic discharge when you touch the camera

Shouldn't the case be electrostatic discharge proof? But without even
touching the camera (only moving the network cable) the image
distorts, I tried this with the camera attached on the tripod.

Regards,
Viatcheslav

viatcheslav.tretyakov at iais.fraunhofer.de
http://www.iais.fraunhofer.de/