[Elphel-support] Odd Bug: Jpeg Sequence stops at 1909 frames on every attempt

Andrey Filippov support-list at support.elphel.com
Thu Mar 17 11:02:56 PDT 2011

Dear Bader,

Yes, we are not able to support programs on MS Windows that we do not use
ourselves, but it should be rather easy to do if you can find help from
somebody who can program for that system
The PHP script we use ourselves is here:
http://elphel.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=elphel/miscellaneous;a=blob;f=split_mov.php(with
line number) or
http://elphel.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=elphel/miscellaneous;a=blob_plain;f=split_mov.php-
for download

This script looks for start markers (with Exif):
$startMarkerWithExif=chr(hexdec("ff")).chr(hexdec("d8")).chr(hexdec("ff")).chr(hexdec("e1"));
sequence of 0xff,0xd8,0xff,0xe1 and uses it to split file into individual
JPEGs -discard everything before the first marker, uses data from the
beginning of the first upto (not including) the beginning of the second as a
first JPEG, and so on - the last is from the beginning of the last marker to
the end of file.

It should be easy to use the script, for the Windows system the directory
separator "/" should be replaced with "\", we'll try  to modify the script
but it is more difficult for us to test it.

You may also install the same (K)ubuntu as we use - it should be easy to
download it and install as a second system on your computer ( from
http://kubuntu.org )