[Elphel-support] Odd Bug: Jpeg Sequence stops at 1909 frames on every attempt

Sebastian Pichelhofer sebastian.pichelhofer at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 02:47:22 PDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 10:15, Bader AlKahtani <bader at kahtani.com> wrote:

> Hi Andrey,
>
> Thanks for this. I actually havent tried Eyesis Camera. Where can I find
> it? I dont use Linux by the way and not a programmer - I hope it is simple
> to use?

Eyesis is another product frome Elphel where the software to split a
quicktime mov into single jpegs is used. Andrey recommended to use the
software not the product.

>  Also, is there anyway to tweak the max file count for it to handle this?
> Is there a way to put the files in sub-directories after reaching a certain
> number i.e. each 500 JPEG in one directory?

This has nothing to do with the camera, it's a general problem with file
handling that performance suffers if you have a big number if files in a
single directory.

I would recommend to go the quicktime mov route as it is the most
sophisticated path.

You already got good replies regarding the same topic in this post:
http://www.mail-archive.com/support-list@support.elphel.com/msg00919.html

Elphel does not provide support for non-Linux operating systems.

Regards Sebastian