[Elphel-support] hard drive/Disk Recorder issues

Andrey Filippov support-list at support.elphel.com
Fri Jun 10 12:13:19 PDT 2011

Tom,

If the camera _is_rebooting that may mean that the power supply is
insufficient. Internally in the 12V version we use 9-36V DC-DC converter,
but as the camera has input diode bridge, the DC-DC converter gets less,
than the full input voltage. So the margin is not that large, and when the
hard drive starts spinning, it can cause the short voltage drop and the
DC-DC fails to provide internal 3.3V. Your camera has additional boards
(10359, 10338) that causes more power consumption than a regular 12V camera
with HDD, and while we tested it working we did not verify the margin. What
power source are you using? Can you try it with higher voltage (it can go up
to 36V) to verify the problem?

Andrey