[Elphel-support] hard drive/Disk Recorder issues

Tom Sparks tom_a_sparks at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jun 10 11:59:30 PDT 2011

--- On Sat, 11/6/11, Oleg <support-list at support.elphel.com> wrote:
Tom,

The only case when your laptop ( ubuntu 10.04?) can lose wired connection is when there's no link - the amber led should go off/on and that should cause the camera to reboot. And the camera won't reboot, right?

the camera is rebooting... it just happens when you least excepted to...
Please, try the following:

1) Check how the amber led behaves when the pc loses its ip address.
the computer dose not have the amber or green ethernet lights
on the camera the light amber led dose go off then on again
2a) Disable wi-fi - in case your OS can't handle 2 networks at the same time.
i'll have to looking into that
or
2b) Make it so the pc won't lose its ip address when something is plugged/unplugged - it's not trivial (if not impossible) in (k)ubuntu's network manager =)

or
2c) Change the camera's IP to 10.0.0.xxx (192.168.0.9 -> System Preferences) and plug it to your wi-fi router - that would be the most effective solution of the problem.
my router has an option to have
group of DHCP Pools, I tried to enable a 192.168.0.X network for the camera, but gave up
I do have another router siting around...... (thinking)....
Best regards,
Oleg Dzhimiev