[Elphel-support] start free running mode on external trigger ?

Alexandre Poltorak polto at alsenet.com
Fri Jan 14 14:02:16 PST 2011

Hello,

In some tests we need to start the recording with the sensor in free running
mode, but we need to be able to precisely time the beginning of the video on
some external trigger (let's say an arduino). It would be nice to sync
multiple cameras in free running or triggered mode once on this external
trigger and have them running in free running mode or on internal trigger
later.

In some configuration it would be interesting to have a master camera and
slave cameras in triggered mode, but the first trigger should be made from
an external device.

I only know how to do something with arduino connected over USB as described
here:http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=Arduino

Would be nice to have something with a smaller latency.

Regards,
Alexandre