[Elphel-support] bit-image x359 generated from source doesn't work

Jens Bürger jbuerger at arcor.de
Thu Jan 13 04:02:37 PST 2011

Hi all,

we are currently working on our project using the 10359-board. We wanted to test some stuff, but when the camera uses the bit-image for x359 that we created (from the most recent source code version), the camera only produces a white image with 1x1 pixel.

I got a working bit-image when using the FPGA-source version 8.0.7 (the one which is also the firmware version of our camera atm), opening it using the source import-assistant of Xilinx 11.1 and then converting it to a ISE 12.3-project.

But what about the x359 version 8.0.9.1?

I open it up in ISE 12.3 via the .xise-file but it doesn't build with this error(s):

ERROR:ConstraintSystem:59 - Constraint <NET "i_sp1/clkout"     TNM_NET =
   "TNM_SP1_GCLK_IDATA";> [x359.ucf(170)]: NET "i_sp1/clkout" not found.  Please
   verify that:
   1. The specified design element actually exists in the original design.
   2. The specified object is spelled correctly in the constraint source file.
ERROR:ConstraintSystem:59 - Constraint <NET "i_sp2/clkout"     TNM_NET =
   "TNM_SP2_GCLK_IDATA";> [x359.ucf(177)]: NET "i_sp2/clkout" not found.  Please
   verify that:
   1. The specified design element actually exists in the original design.
   2. The specified object is spelled correctly in the constraint source file.

Sincerely,
Jens