[Elphel-support] RTSP & ( 2 x 353L ) over 24/7 = I x 353L works OK, the other 353L problematic.

Grahame M. Kelly grahame at wildpossum.com
Wed Apr 27 22:39:38 PDT 2011

Hi.

I am having issues with one of the newly acquired 353L cameras.  Both
are running fine over RTSP they both run 24/7 and I have got the
situation where one 353L looser RTSP sync or something, the connection
goes down and I have to reconnect.  The image size is set to 800 x 600.

On each reconnect, the time period between these situations gets smaller
and smaller. After approx 3 days, nothing I do allows the RTSP
connection to be made.  If I power off/on the problematic camera, the
complete situation recycles itself over another 3 days.

The over 353L works without loosing connection of any other hick-ups.
Both camera's are same firmware release, every parameter internal to the
cameras are at default, as I am still getting to know them.

The RTSP receiving system is a quad core AMD, 16GB memory so I don't see
this end being of any issue.  Using VNC media player is release 1.1.4
running on Ubuntu 10.10 with all the latest updates and Kernel is
2.6.35-29-generic #51-Ubuntu SMP Fri Apr 15 17:12:35 UTC 2011 x86_64
GNU.

Nothing of note in the receiving Host - syslog or client logs.
Nothing of note in the camera syslog that I can see.

So any suggestions? or hints on what I should look at / for?

Thanks. Grahame