[Elphel-support] Post 2011 - Embedded Etrax CPU

Alexandre Poltorak polto at alsenet.com
Mon Apr 25 09:25:21 PDT 2011

Hi Grahame,

You can see the current development stage of NC373L here: http://blog.elphel.com/category/andrey/10373/

Best regards,
Alexandre

----- Mail original -----
De: "Grahame M. Kelly" <grahame at wildpossum.com>
À: support-list at support.elphel.com
Envoyé: Lundi 25 Avril 2011 08:25:08
Objet: [Elphel-support] Post 2011 - Embedded Etrax CPU

Hi Everyone.

I am new to the list, having just received two 353L for the work I am
undertaking.

Looking at all the web-doco on ETRAX chips, I noticed that AXIS.com
(ETRAX OEM) http://www.axis.com/techsup/dev/index.htm appears to believe
that the ETRAX-100XL/ETRAX-FS chips are being discontinued.

Is this true ?

If so, has Elphel, given thought to what the new line of embedded CPU
will be selected for the Elphel Camera?

I am rather hoping - ARM based CPUs as they are well supported by Linux
already, and there are some great spec'ed ARM chips released to choose
from.

Cheers.
Grahame