[Elphel-support] Post 2011 - Embedded Etrax CPU

Grahame M. Kelly grahame at wildpossum.com
Sun Apr 24 23:25:08 PDT 2011

Hi Everyone.

I am new to the list, having just received two 353L for the work I am
undertaking.

Looking at all the web-doco on ETRAX chips, I noticed that AXIS.com
(ETRAX OEM) http://www.axis.com/techsup/dev/index.htm appears to believe
that the ETRAX-100XL/ETRAX-FS chips are being discontinued.

Is this true ?

If so, has Elphel, given thought to what the new line of embedded CPU
will be selected for the Elphel Camera?

I am rather hoping - ARM based CPUs as they are well supported by Linux
already, and there are some great spec'ed ARM chips released to choose
from.

Cheers.
Grahame