[Elphel-support] Installing an external HDD on the model 353

Andrey Filippov support-list at support.elphel.com
Sat Apr 9 11:30:01 PDT 2011

John,

Can you please send the dmesg output (i,e. from
http://192.168.0.9/camerasetup/setup.php?page=report )?
Did you have the SATA disk powered before camera was booted?
Do you have just one CF card?

It seems that both devices try to be IDE master, you may try to reassign
SATA to be IDE  slave
http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=10369#Example_-_setting_SATA_to_be_IDE_slave_.28needed_if_bottom_CF_card_or_internal_HDD_is_installed.29
:

and watch dmesg again. If that works (not very convenient - you have to boot
then re-boot), and you do not have compass in the camera, you may take off
the top camera cover and move CF card from the bottom to the top slot - it
will be detected as IDE slave (hdb in the camera).

Andrey