[Elphel-support] Testing HDD Writespeed

Andrey Filippov andrey at elphel.com
Sun Sep 26 09:56:48 PDT 2010

Sebastian,

Are you getting problems in the middle of the file or when the camera starts
a new one? Our experience (but we used it with huge "triplets" for Eyesis
show that most problems are when camera operating system creates a new file.
Oleg wrote some profiling tools that watches the buffer, there is also an
application that dynamically adjusts the compression quality to keep buffer
from being overrun.

If you have similar problems you may want to decrease the partition sizes
and/or files per directory - see if that helps.

Andrey