[Elphel-support] fighting heat

Michael Aschauer m at ash.to
Tue Sep 14 09:01:55 PDT 2010

I (think) I had some stability problems due to heat recently (hot
summer, more or less direct sun exposure). If or if not, I think I need
to prepare some countermeasures

Is their any data on operation temperatures of the 353 camera?

I read in the wiki it should be possible to hook a fan to 369 board. Is
it as easy as connecting a 3.3V fan and it's up and running?

certainly I then need to think about modifying the casing as well... I
guess it is not done by just blowing onto that case.

and/or would it make any sense to add cooling elements to the case?

regards,
m,-