[Elphel-support] initial issues with a new elphel camera

Andrey Filippov andrey at elphel.com
Sun Oct 31 10:11:09 PDT 2010

Akos, Stefan,

You do not need to bend motherboard to make camera work. That was a problem
the assembly factory had more that a year ago (sometimes soldering faults on
the balls of the Axis ETRAX chip), but since that we  used different PCB
supplier and modified stencil to have different thickness under different
chips with ETRAX having it thicker. And so ETRAX balls (1.27mm pitch) get
more solder paste than surrounding memory chips with 0.8mm pitch so that
problem is gone and we haven't seen a single board failure of that kind
since.

The advice to bend the PCB was valid for the failed older boards, but IT IS
NOT VALID for the newer cameras. So we need to look for other problem. You
do not have the 10369 interface board, do you? Do you have the development
tool chain installed - we can try to boot camera over the network with and
see if it will come up.

Also - you tried different power injectors, but have you tried different
network devices (computer ports, switches) on the other end?