[Elphel-support] Pushing stream out from camera.

Rock rock at peppa.com
Wed Oct 27 08:17:01 PDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 09:06:21AM -0600, Gary Crum wrote:
>    Hello, in response to your question:
>    > How can I get the camera to initiate a stream to a remote server.
>    This Elphel 353 online wiki documentation shows a few methods for
>    displaying a video stream from the 353 camera to a computer running Linux:
>    [1]http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=Camera_software#Common_software_for_video
>    That includes:
>
>  mplayer rtsp://camera-ip:554/
>
>    Does that answer what you were asking?

Actually no, I want the camera to push the stream from itself to a remote
server. This is to avoid many of the firewall problems with going the "other way".
We want the camera to poll somewhere to get an IP and start an outbound stream
to some collection server.

Thanks,

ps. Sorry to change the subject, but I forgot to edit this the first time.