[Elphel-support] Shperical camera

Oleg K Dzhimiev oleg at elphel.com
Wed Oct 13 15:21:12 PDT 2010

Dear Grzegorz,

For our point of view the best solution for now will be request by webpage
> (for now). If we request data from camera we take one stream data from all
> sensors or it should be request for each camera module (or maybe we get full
> panoramic image)?

Each Eyesis module has it's own IP-address, for example :192.168.0.11-13.
Three requests are needed. And the result of each request will be a combined
image from all the 3 sensors of the module. They will need to be cut and
then stitched.
Please have a look here at some illustrations:
http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=Eyesis_assembly
http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=Eyesis_workflow

> Is the frame has some timestamp? I think about synchronize camera clock
> with our computer.

1) All the images that belong to the same panorama taken at a certain moment
have the same timestamp (same for gps data) in their exif data.
2) As there are 3 modules in the Eyesis - the other 2 are synchronized to
the 'first' module during the boot. Also the first module sends gps data to
others.

Are you planning to add external triggering for camera in future?

Yes, we are. The camera boards support it - we will need to change metals a
little, think how to do autoexposure and add some changes to the recording
program so it could work with various frame rate.

Best regards,
Oleg