[Elphel-support] outdoor casing, optical non-IR filter?

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Tue Oct 5 00:52:27 PDT 2010

On Tue, 5 Oct 2010, Ã~Akos Maróy wrote:

> Also, I'd like to use it with an optical non-IR filter (that would
> filter out everything but IR) - is there a 'usual' IR filter that is
> used with this camera?

Some people suggested before to use a C mount IR filter.

> an additional question: do I understand right that if I purchase the a
> camera 'kit', like NC353L, plus an additional monochrome CCD, I can just
> replace the CCD in the kit? (I'd like to play around with color
> recording, but also doing IR imaging with a monochrome CCD and the above
> mentioned non-IR filter)

Yes, you can swap sensors, I thought the sensor hardware identifies
itself, so the mainboard knows what to do by default. But with all
electronics be careful with dust/static elecricity.

> as for the optics, I see an IR optics on the product site listed - is
> this a special optics in any way?

Probably nothing 'special' except that everything fits. If you want to
record 'IR' the IR cut option is obviously what you want. (So the camera
doesn't contain that component.)

Stefan