[Elphel-support] outdoor casing, optical non-IR filter?

Ákos Maróy akos at maroy.hu
Tue Oct 5 00:33:43 PDT 2010

Hi,

I'm considering purchasing an elphel camera, which I'd like to put
outdoors. I wonder if there are typical outdoor cases for the generic
elphel 353 camera?

Also, I'd like to use it with an optical non-IR filter (that would
filter out everything but IR) - is there a 'usual' IR filter that is
used with this camera?

an additional question: do I understand right that if I purchase the a
camera 'kit', like NC353L, plus an additional monochrome CCD, I can just
replace the CCD in the kit? (I'd like to play around with color
recording, but also doing IR imaging with a monochrome CCD and the above
mentioned non-IR filter)

as for the optics, I see an IR optics on the product site listed - is
this a special optics in any way?

best regards,

Akos