[Elphel-support] Global Shutter

Sebastian Pichelhofer sebastian.pichelhofer at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 13:19:50 PST 2010

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 20:01, Abe Bachrach <abachrac at mit.edu> wrote:
> Sebastian, that sounds like something to try, but wouldn't that
> significantly reduce the field of view?

Yes the field of view will be much smaller, you would have to select a
wider angle lens to compensate.

> Also, do you know if the WOI settings avoid the "horizontal blanking" issue
> which is what would cause the binning/skipping solution to not provide that
> great of an improvement? I don't see anything about how the windowing works
> in the datasheet.

Not sure, but in general the maximum possible fps is higher with
reduced WOI compared to using binning to achieve the same resolution
For example:

1280x720 (2x2 binning) JP4 RAW max. 46.2 fps
1280x720 (WOI setting) JP4 RAW max 60 fps

Regards Sebastian