[Elphel-support] Global Shutter

Abe Bachrach abachrac at mit.edu
Tue Nov 23 16:43:37 PST 2010

Hi there,
I was very excited to find the Elphel camera since it looked like exactly
what I was looking for in terms of a camera integrated with an FPGA, however
I was disappointed to see that the only sensor available uses a rolling
shutter.

I am interested in using the FPGA to do visual odometry which requires a
global shutter.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRrMHaO6NpE

Does anyone know of a camera that would provide us a user programmable FPGA
with a Global shutter?
Alternatively, if we could hire someone to design a sensor board for the
elphel system, we would be very interested.

thanks,
-=Abe