[Elphel-support] compile issues with elphel353-8.0.9 source tarball

Andrey Filippov andrey at elphel.com
Wed Nov 17 19:42:50 PST 2010

> (BTW, it's quite inconvenient that the script removes the install_elphel
> file after completion, even if it failed. so the only way to re-try is
> to delete everything, unpack & do the whole compilation again)

It is not actually deleted but renamed - intentionally, because it does some
irreversible actions in the process and you can not just run it again.
Originally we just removed the executable permissions from the script - but
it was not enough for some of our users from the big company - they still
managed to run it (after chmod) erasing all of the modified files and
messing up the installation.

If the script renamed itself into "install_elphel_is_not_needed_anymore" -
well it is not needed anymore - it passed the point when you just need
cd elphel 353
. ./init_env
./configure
make install

to restart installation after fixing dependencies.

> well, I'm not that interested in compiling the whole stuff. I just want
> to re-flash the camera with a stock image. unfortunately for this, one
> has to compile the whole shebang :(

Well, in that case you should not try to bypass the web-based reflashing
process and ask here for help when this easy reflashing failed.
I still hope that you'll be able fix that problem - from the other thread it
seems there is something wrong with the network/network port on your laptop
if Wireshark can not see Axis hard-wired packets.