[Elphel-support] compile issues with elphel353-8.0.9 source tarball

Ákos Maróy akos at maroy.hu
Wed Nov 17 18:58:27 PST 2010

On 18/11/10 02:59, Oleg K Dzhimiev wrote:
> Did you install the required packages?

yes.

as you see, the error is missing a dependency that the elphel build
script itself downloads and unpacks. namely, it is missing the file

elphel353-8.0.9/elphel353/apps/crypto/openssl-IR0_9_7f-3/openssl/include/openssl/idea.h

which is referenced in:

elphel353-8.0.9/elphel353/apps/crypto/openssl-IR0_9_7f-3/openssl/crypto/hmac/Makefile

line 88:

hmac.o: ../../include/openssl/idea.h ../../include/openssl/lhash.h

(BTW, it's quite inconvenient that the script removes the install_elphel
file after completion, even if it failed. so the only way to re-try is
to delete everything, unpack & do the whole compilation again)

> Did you checkout CVS or use this script (which basically does the same
> with slight differences)
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/elphel/files/elphel353-8/install-8.0-fromcvs/elphel353_80_install_from_cvs.sh.tar.gz/download

no, I haven't

> (if not, could you try it)?

well, I'm not that interested in compiling the whole stuff. I just want
to re-flash the camera with a stock image. unfortunately for this, one
has to compile the whole shebang :(

Akos